As we get ready for holiday celebrations with family and friends, our thoughts go to those who may be less fortunate or need a little extra help this time of year. Here at the brewery, we’re once again partnering with the Red Door Family Shelter to collect much-needed items and through donations with your support.
Red Door Family Shelter provides assistance to thousands of families seeking shelter and basic necessities, counselling, and outreach. Their efforts to break the cycle of homelessness and provide help to those in need speaks to us deeply.
Throughout the month of December, we’ll be donating $1 from every 12 oz pour served in the Tap Room as well as collecting items in the following categories for donation to the shelter:
- New household items: Toasters, microwaves, dish sets, cups, mugs, blenders, cutlery, sheets & towels
- New baby items: baby clothing, baby baths. Gift baskets for new mothers (unisex arrangements preferred)
- New Toiletries: shampoo, body wash, toothpaste, toothbrushes, baby wipes, diapers sizes 3-6, feminine hygiene products.
- New seasonal clothing for all ages, sizes and gender
- New winter accessories such as gloves, mitts, toques, scarves, hats, socks
- Non-perishable food or Food Vouchers for our shelter food banks
($25, $50 or $100 denominations from No Frills, Food Basics, Freshco, Metro or Loblaws)
Just a reminder that we cannot accept used items or anything that is broken or in need of repair.
We’ll be accepting gift item donations until Tuesday, December 20th so that we can make our donation to the shelter on the 21st.
Your generosity last year was incredible and we’re excited for another holiday filled with drinking great beer and giving to a worthy cause that’s close to our hearts.
Cheers and Happy Holidays,
Team Left Field