Position: Brand Ambassador (2 positions)
Type: Part Time – Seasonal Contract (May – October)
Perks: Employee beer & apparel discounts, paid breaks, paid sick & emergency leave
Compensation: $20.07 / hour + participation in tip pool
Start Date: May 14, 2021
Reports To: Tap Room & Events Manager
Left Field Brewery is a small, community-focused family business with a mission to create joy through beer. We also happen to love baseball, a theme that is interwoven through all facets of our brand.
Left Field Brewery is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that building a team that represents a diverse set of backgrounds and lived experiences helps us challenge the expected and be the best possible community member that we can be. We value equal opportunity, and work to build an inclusive workplace where our differences are nurtured and valued. We invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. Accessibility accommodations during the application process are available, just let us know in your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are operating an indoor Bottle Shop and our Tap Room is closed. We adhere to and in many cases exceed the government-mandated physical distancing, PPE and health screening requirements. All employees are entitled to paid sick days. We are an Ontario Living Wage Certified employer.
Under the direction of the Tap Room & Events Manager, Brand Ambassadors act as brewery representatives at various events where Left Field Brewery beer is sold and/or promoted. This includes but is not limited to beer festivals, sporting events, farmers’ markets and community events. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are currently only attending Farmers’ Markets.
– Greeting and providing exceptional service to event attendees
– Engage and educate consumers on our brands, the brewing process and our brewery
– Communicate with on-site and off-site event organizers to troubleshoot issues
– Sample and sell packaged beer
– Set-up and maintain a high-impact, clean and tidy branded serving area
– Organize and transport equipment, beer, merchandise and promotional materials to and from events
– Cash handling including use of mobile POS and credit/debit processing
– Set-up, break down, and clean event booth area and supplies
– Maintenance of all event equipment
– Post event reporting
– Adhere to AGCO Beverage Alcohol Retail Sales and Smart Serve Regulations
– Adhere to all COVID-19 safety protocols
– G class drivers license and clean driving record is mandatory
– Smart Serve & Retail Alcohol Sales certification
– Exceptional customer service skills
– Excellent communicator, personable, warm and friendly with customer service experience
– Exceptional attention to detail
– Experience working in a fast-paced environment
– A team player with a positive attitude
– A passion for great beer and knowledge of beer, the brewing process and beer styles
– Formal Beer Training, i.e. Cicerone, Prud’homme, etc. is an asset
– At least 18 years of age or older (Alcohol sales requirement)
– Availability to work weekend mornings and afternoons, May 14 – October 31
– Must be able to move cases of beer weighing 10Kg from ground level, pallets or hand carts to table height to a delivery vehicle and over uneven surfaces
– Must be able to remain in a stationary position at the event booth for the majority of the shift
Must be available to work all of the following days
– MAY 14, 16, 23
– JUNE 6, 12, 13, 26
– JULY 4, 10, 18, 24
– AUGUST 7, 8, 15, 21, 29
– SEPTEMBER 4, 5, 18, 19, 26
– OCTOBER 2, 10, 16, 17, 31
*Saturdays 7:30am – 2:30pm
*Sundays 8am – 3pm
*Additional dates may be added throughout the event season
The ideal candidate will be a 5-tool player. In baseball, this is an athlete who excels at hitting for average, hitting for power, base running, throwing, and fielding. We’re looking for a similar all-star with a diversified set of skills that will complement the above listed qualifications in contributing to a small, lean organization. Have another set of great skills that are not listed above? Let us know what they are!
To apply for this role, send the following to [email protected]
– Cover letter including your 5 tools
– Confirmation of G license
– Confirmation of availability for all dates listed
Applications close May 5, 2021.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.