Position: Brewery Assistant – Summer Contract (May 17th – September 3rd)
Type: Full Time, Hourly (30+ hours and 5 days per week)
Perks: Employee beer & apparel discounts, paid breaks, paid sick & emergency leave
Compensation: $20.07 / hour + participation in tip pool
Left Field Brewery is a small, community-focused family business with a mission to create joy through beer. We also happen to love baseball, a theme that is interwoven through all facets of our brand.
Left Field Brewery is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that building a team that represents a diverse set of backgrounds and lived experiences helps us challenge the expected and be the best possible community member that we can be. We value equal opportunity, and work to build an inclusive workplace where our differences are nurtured and valued. We invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. Accessibility accommodations during the application process are available, just let us know in your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are operating an indoor Bottle Shop and our Tap Room is closed. We adhere to and in many cases exceed the government-mandated physical distancing, PPE and health screening requirements. All employees are entitled to paid sick days. We are an Ontario Living Wage Certified employer.
This role is partly funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program. As such, we can only consider candidates who at the start of employment are under the age of 30 years old, are a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident and who have a valid Social Insurance Number.
The brewery assistant will support the Home Delivery, Bottle Shop and Production teams in navigating a busy summer at the brewery. The role is a fantastic opportunity for an entry level candidate to gain experience across multiple areas of the business and learn about the inner workings of a brewery from the point of packaging to delivery of product to the end customer.
The majority of time spent in this role will be focused on the Home Delivery program. A typical day will involve set-up, and packing material preparation, picking and packing orders and completing local deliveries in a company-issued delivery van.
– Prepare packing materials and set-up packing station(s)
– Pick beer and merchandise according to pick-sheets
– Pack beer and merchandise for delivery according to order sheets
– Clean-up and put away packing stations and materials
– Assist with Canada Post order preparation on occasion
– Drive a delivery van in accordance with Ontario Motor Vehicle Safety standards
– Follow GPS route to deliver orders to personal residences
– Communicate with customers via phone and text message prior to delivery
– Ensure delivery accuracy and provide exceptional customer service while on delivery
– Adhere to Ontario Beverage Alcohol Retail Store Delivery regulations and Smart Serve Regulations as set out by the AGCO
On occasion, this individual will provide coverage in the Bottle Shop for team member breaks and time off. This individual will routinely provide support to the Bottle Shop team with cleaning and restocking.
– Greeting and providing exceptional service to all brewery visitors
– Processing customer purchases in the Bottle Shop
– Grow customer loyalty through rewards program & e-mail newsletter subscriptions
– Re-stocking beer fridge and retail items in a neat, presentable fashion
– Responding to general brewery questions and inquiries from visitors
– Fulfillment of local pickup and 3rd party delivery app orders
– Cleaning of the Tap Room, Bottle Shop and other areas, as assigned
– Packing Home Delivery and Canada Post orders
This individual will provide support to the production team with packaging materials preparation, working on the packaging line (both canning and bottling), and with general operations and warehousing duties
– Packaging material preparation – making and stickering boxes
– Transporting raw materials and finished goods between the warehouse and the brewery using a company-issued delivery vehicle
– Loading and unloading loads for transportation between warehouses
– Receiving and putting away raw materials and packaging materials
– Brewery cleaning and organizing
– General brewery duties, as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
– A class G drivers license and clean driving record is mandatory
– Smart Serve & Retail Alcohol Sales certification
– Forklift certification is not required but is an asset
– Exceptional attention to detail
– Experience working in a fast-paced environment
– A team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
– Strong communicator, personable, warm and friendly with customer service experience
– Between the ages of 18 years old (alcohol service requirement) and 30 years old (Canada Summer Jobs Program requirement)
– Availability to work flexible hours. Shifts may range from early mornings to evenings and the occasional weekend.
– Must be able to move cases of beer weighing 10Kg from ground level or pallets to table height to hand carts to a delivery van
The successful candidate will demonstrate personal and professional alignment through proven examples, to our core values.
Integrity – setting out to do the right thing in every situation by upholding strong moral and ethical principles.
Quality – striving to be the best at what they do by sweating the small stuff.
Innovation – Continuous improvement by embracing change and striving to learn and develop
Teamwork – Respecting, helping, and looking-out for others. Sharing feedback, ideas and knowledge openly.
Community – Beer is for everybody. Using beer as a tool to build community and to support those in need.
Safety – Insisting on the responsible production of and enjoyment of beer
Work Ethic – Hustling. We are highly focused, organized, self-motivated professionals with an entrepreneurial mindset.
Positivity – Showing-up with an optimistic outlook and work to find the best in every situation. Assuming the best in and uplifting each other.
Fun – Celebrating our successes and enjoying the fruits of our labour. Going out of our way to show our customers an exceptional time.
To apply for this role, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Applications Close May 5, 2021
Selected candidates will be contacted for a phone screening prior to a virtual interview. Only candidates selected for screening will be contacted. No walk-ins, please.