HELP US GIVE BACK!
Another holiday season is upon us and we couldn’t be happier to be working once again with The Red Door Family Shelter to give back.
WHY RED DOOR?
The Red Door Family Shelter provides services for families and individuals who need safety and support during times of crises and desperate need. These include women who are fleeing violence at home, families who are evicted, refugees, or young mothers who may have nowhere to go. Red Door helps keep families together by providing services for the whole family, helping them to establish a stable life beyond the shelter. They provide shelter and support to over 500 families in Toronto every year.
At Left Field, we value community, family, inclusivity and kindness and so naturally we’re big fans the Red Door Family Shelter and all of the exceptional work that they do to support the most vulnerable in our city.
This year, we’re raising the stakes: our donation goal is $4,500! We have a stacked series of initiatives and events to get there, but we can’t do it without your help!
WAYS TO GIVE
NOVEMBER 23, 11AM – 9PM : BLACKBURNE FRIDAY
Blackburne Imperial Stout double beer release – Original and Bourbon Barrel Aged Edition! This is the official kick-off event to our Red Door Family Shelter holiday fundraising. The day will include all sorts of dark beer goodness, including:
– Dark beer tap takeover – 8 dark beers including two special guest taps
– Limited edition glassware
– Food pop-up by Sausage Party Toronto featuring their delicious Eephus sausages!
– Not a dark beer fan? Our regular lineup will be available for can pours in the Tap Room
NOVEMBER 23 – DECEMBER 24 : YOU DRINK, WE DONATE
This one is by far the easiest. Simply visit us in the Tap Room and drink a 10oz or 12oz beer. We’ll donate $1 from every pour.
NOVEMBER 23 – DECEMBER 20 : GIFTS IN KIND
This is where we need your help. Throughout the holiday season, we’ll be collecting new, unwrapped items under our tree, including:
– Gift Cards
– Toys for All Ages
– Adult Toiletries
– Gifts for Teens
– New Baby Items
– Household Items
– Non-Perishable Food
DECEMBER 9, 11AM – 6PM : DRAUGHTS & CRAFTS
Our annual holiday makers market returns to the brewery!
– 9 Local artisans selling beautiful, handmade gifts
– Raffle prizes – our biggest and best raffle ever with unique prizes donated by the vendors and some Left Field prizes that money can’t buy*
– Hot Chocolate Bar – Marshmallows, sprinkles, candy canes, oh my!*
– Gift Wrapping Station – Pay what you can we will wrap your gifts for you while you shop and enjoy a well-deserved beer or two*
*100% of proceeds donated to the Red Door Shelter
DECEMBER 15, 10AM – 12PM : LIAM KEARNEY FAMILY SING-A-LONG
Fun for the whole family! Liam Kearney is back at the brewery with a holiday themed lineup of sing-a-long songs.
$7 per person, kids under 2 free. A portion of proceeds will be donated to the Red Door Shelter. Tickets on sale soon!
DECEMBER 15, 12 – 2PM : HOLIDAYS BY THE LETTER
A drop-in children’s holiday letter writing workshop. Write a letter to Santa, Frosty, Grandma or your imaginary friend. All letter-writing supplies provided including stickers, stamps and more! Pay what you can and 100% of proceeds will be donated to the Red Door Shelter.